Here is an AWESOME recipe using both Chesapeake Bay oysters and Chesapeake Bay blue crabs. Cook on the bottom broiler rack, or breadcrumbs will burn before the oysters are properly cooked (I know from experience).
* 1 tablespoon minced chives
* 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled (drained)
* 1 (6 1/2-ounce) can lump crabmeat, or fresh blue crabs shelled!
* 1 (1-ounce) slice white bread
* 1 teaspoon butter, melted
* 12 shucked oysters on the half shell
* Lemon wedges (optional - but I like them)
* Fresh minced chives (maybe)
* Preheat broiler.
* Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir gently.
* Place bread in a food processor; process until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Combine breadcrumbs and butter in a small bowl.
* Arrange oysters on a broiler pan. Spoon about 1 tablespoon crab mixture over each oyster; sprinkle each with about 1 teaspoon breadcrumb mixture. Broil 7 minutes or until tops are browned and oysters are done. Serve with lemon wedges and garnish with chives, if desired.
Very nice. Mmmmmmmm...... I'll have another!
Back to The World's Oyster Recipies Homepage: http://oysterrecipies.blogspot.com/
The Chesapeake Bay Oyster Lovers Paradise is HERE